• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Contributor: FileDouble barrel buff
(02-18-2019, 10:38 PM)Socks Wrote: DB has totally changed the gameplay. Now you just HAVE TO use DB If you want to fight for leadership on most of the maps. It's dominating option now for all 63lvl+ players (maybe without few exceptions like eg. Njofra who tries to fight for decent score classicaly).
I played Bier this evening and hunters survived two times without even being pushed back to further camp spots. It's not something we used to.
Personally, I'm not able to compete with DB players with my basic guns like Trench or Tommy. I was able to overtake ppsh, flame, remi or kar users but i don't have any chances to overtake DB dudes. I think it also says something about this weapon.

It's strong like it was suppose to be but I think it's important to find a balance and don't make our gamplay dominated by DB users who keeps choosing it because no other weapon is a decent choice anymore in comparison to it.

"no other weapon is a decent choice anymore in comparison to it."

disagreed, bolts can still one shot you, allot of weps have 1 hit bash, flame is easy to use ppsh is easy to use, m1 garand players are super strong
its also a players choice to be annoying, i for example never use ppsh becuase i despice it, except for mayby 1 or 2 times a month when i choose it as HL wep.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cold's post:
  • Hazard
Bolts can still one shot you, but you need to be trained in aiming to do that. Even if you are, it's still less than 50% chance your next shoot will be head.
One hit bash weapons needs you to take the highest risk - being in touch with zombies, as close as bash range. Zombies have same chances as you to take a revenge.
Flame is easy to use, Ppsh is easy to use but those weapons would give you mostly +3, +3, +3, while your team comrades are DB users and their scores slowly become two, three times higher than your efforts.
Believe me, I've spent over 10 hours in game since DB was buffed and I know how score boards look like now.

None of weapons you mentioned will give you capabilities to kill zombies such effectively and easy while keeping safe distance. That's why people are choosing DB now so excessively. It just ruins a balance :-|
[-] The following 3 users Like Socks's post:
  • kIng, shane, TRLGSS
(02-18-2019, 11:57 PM)Socks Wrote: Bolts can still one shot you, but you need to be trained in aiming to do that. Even if you are, it's still less than 50% chance your next shoot will be head.
One hit bash weapons needs you to take the highest risk - being in touch with zombies, as close as bash range. Zombies have same chances as you to take a revenge.
Flame is easy to use, Ppsh is easy to use but those weapons would give you mostly +3, +3, +3, while your team comrades are DB users and their scores slowly become two, three times higher than your efforts.
Believe me, I've spent over 10 hours in game since DB was buffed and I know how score boards look like now.

None of weapons you mentioned will give you capabilities to kill zombies such effectively and easy while keeping safe distance. That's why people are choosing DB now so excessively. It just ruins a balance :-|

I can see why you think that, but atleast db people have to get close to kill instead of chilling in back of the map sniping etc. Probaly only on zomix where there is 1 spawn you will get+3+3+3 with other weapons, any other linear map long range weapons have the advantage, i seen this gun for 3 years now being buffed nerfed buffed nerfed... at some point we have to be done discussing this weapon, after a year now its strong again just leave it at that. But this is al an opinion and everyone has the right to agree/disagree
[-] The following 3 users Like Cold's post:
  • Hazard, scream, shane
Ye, we both said what we had to say. Different point of views. We can talk about advantages of other weapons, but the fact is most people takes DB now. Because If you don't use it your chances to fight for first places are much smaller, and you need much more effort to compete with it. I also don't agree Zomix is the only map like this.
Taking into consideration only current rotation, there is at least few more where DB became only one decent option to win eg. Chamber, Anni or Bier.
In my opinion, this weapon changes the whole gameplay too much. Maybe it wasn't so perceptible in the past, when UP had more players. Now it determines people to use it unless you don't care about being in the middle of score board.
I was for buffing DB because I thought it will make the gameplay more diverse, unfortunately it came out opposite. Even Xilent has stopped using Kar, and he's choosing DB to win the maps. Isn't this saaaad? ;C

Pitty, forum is not so popular. Watching people moods about this weapon it would be nice to see their opinion here. Guess we just need to wait a bit more and it will come out itself how it's gonna be with DB in the future.
[-] The following 2 users Like Socks's post:
  • Cold, TRLGSS
I think the main problem here is not the scoreboard, its gameplay as a zombie. I saw people reconnecting after getting killed just to avoid playing as a zombie when players are using DB. I think we should leave damage as it is now and reduce ammo to 30 or 35. In my opinion that is the best solution.

[Image: PleasedEssentialHomalocephale-size_restricted.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Njofra's post:
  • Hazard, TRLGSS
Make the ammo 35-40 and slower the reload time a tiny bit.
[-] The following 3 users Like Knifehim's post:
  • Cold, Hazard, Njofra
I have played 3 matches with >10 players. About 3 or 4 were using DB, and the gameplay was awful. If only there were a way to have the weapon behind a locked player limit. For example, you can't use the weapon with less than 15ppl online, or have a limited supply, like a max of 3 DB players per round.
[-] The following 7 users Like Knifehim's post:
  • Cold, Hazard, kIng, Njofra, shane, Socks, TRLGSS
(02-19-2019, 12:41 PM)Knifehim Wrote: I have played 3 matches with >10 players. About 3 or 4 were using DB, and the gameplay was awful. If only there were a way to have the weapon behind a locked player limit. For example, you can't use the weapon with less than 15ppl online, or have a limited supply, like a max of 3 DB players per round.

This reminds me of Battlefield 4 servers, you have a lock of for example 4 recon (snipers)
This keeps the gameplay fair and it will definitely improve.

Only problem: Good luck adding this lmao
[-] The following 1 user Likes scream's post:
  • TRLGSS
(02-19-2019, 12:41 PM)Knifehim Wrote: I have played 3 matches with >10 players. About 3 or 4 were using DB, and the gameplay was awful. If only there were a way to have the weapon behind a locked player limit. For example, you can't use the weapon with less than 15ppl online, or have a limited supply, like a max of 3 DB players per round.

If you need to take an effort to set the rules for one single weapon, than you know it's not balanced at all
[-] The following 1 user Likes Socks's post:
  • TRLGSS
(02-19-2019, 01:05 PM)Socks Wrote:

If you need to take an effort to set the rules for one single weapon, than you know it's not balanced at all

You could do it for more than 1 wep. But yes, the DB is OP I agree. We should really have tested the weapon power before making it live.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Knifehim's post:
  • Socks