• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Contributor: kwinMultiple changes to improve server activity/quality
- If there’s only ONE player in the server, make that player able to join the game to play and run around, to explore the map. Now when you join and the server is empty, you can’t do anything, but wait and hope someone else joins soon.. So often I join the server when it’s empty and then I just leave. Maybe someone else joins the server 5 minutes later and sees an empty server, leaves too? Make people able to join. It shouldn’t matter that people get xp after surviving 5 minutes as hunter. It’s an incentive for people to stay and wait for others.

- Some things such as elite hitman perm are written wrong. Fix it.

- We should keep new players in the server, but it’s hard for them to compete with the high ranks in the server. They dont have good weapons and it takes really long for them to get the hunter knife. Not sure how to fix it though or if it’s even a big problem. 

- PPSH ruins the game when you’re only with like less than 10 people. Many complain about it.. Disable the PPSH when there’s less than 10 players?

- Often when there’s only a few players (like 5 ish) half or more of them want bash only, but 1 or 2 people keep shooting or shoot when they cant win bash. Disable weapons when there’s 5 or less players and make it bash only?

- Merge with other zombie clans to create a bigger community? Big Grin

- Take a stance against camping and grieving. I guess camping should be within the rules, but who likes players that camp? There are certain maps, really nice ones, but then they have 1 or 2 camp spots and people abuse them hard.. And others will copy that behavior, because it’s an easy way to get kills. Also grieving should be punishable as new rule. Leaving as first zombie, camping, hiding/running away as (first) zombie. Things like that. Dont let individuals ruin the fun for the whole server.

Anyone with other ideas?
[-] The following 3 users Like kwin's post:
  • File, Njofra, YesAndy
About point 1, there's a pro and a con.
Pro: ppl stay, even when they're the only player
Con: easy xpfarming

2. Agreed

3. I think it's fine. Look at any modern CoD and you'll see the low ranks getting shit on by the higher ranks.

4. Would be a nice solution bht i doubt that'll happen.

5. Maybe there would be a possibility where clanmembers can initiate a vote like !rtv but then it'd be !votebash,
If majority votes yes all weapons get disabled. If not guns keep working.

6. nope

7. We can't eliminate camping. If ppl like camping they are free to do so. We can not punish campers.
And the griefing should be taken into the rules.

Just my opinion on these things.
[-] The following 4 users Like scream's post:
  • Cold, Hazard, kIng, Njofra
I like the first point. There are plenty of maps that I don't know and I don't have opportunity to test them within server gameplay. If there is more players, they usually choose only few favourite maps from the whole mappack and even If they choose some rare maps I'm busy with killing the zombies rather than exploring the map ^^
Okay, 175exp per 5 minutes can be an issue there, but it gives you about 700exp in duration of one map, only If no one comes. Only one more player is enough to deprive potential person from exp farming.
And even if the server remains empty, 700exp it's not such a big prize for the person who wants to arrange a gameplay for anyone who comes ^^

In case of other things... ranks are great in my opinion, not working elite hitman doesn't really bother me, PPSH guys and campers often ruin the game and they are sometimes really annoying but this is how it has to be I think. They are inseparable part of gameplay.

And !votebash when there is 6 or less players is a simple and brilliant idea! Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Socks's post:
  • Hazard, kwin
My idea is the following: reduce PPSH's ammo to 35 bullets, like in cod ww2. it works very well there.
[-] The following 4 users Like kIng's post:
  • Hazard, Njofra, TRLGSS, YesAndy
(09-14-2018, 07:16 PM)kIng Wrote: My idea is the following: reduce PPSH's ammo to 35 bullets, like in cod ww2. it works very well there.
Why tho, we already have a pps42 with 32 bullets which is basically a ppsh without the drummagazine. The ppsh has a drummagazine with 71 bullets Wink
Agree on allowing the first player play alone, but only as zomb, so no xp farm can be abused.
Actually, if you are an admin or a inf player, and you are alone in the server, you can !spec yourself and the game will start, only you alone, and as zombie only, I did that plenty times .

Agree on fixing and correcting those texts.

Maybe reducing Hunter knife kills to 100 helps newer players, as the server is not populated as before, balancing it this way is a good option to my eyes.

I agree on making PPSH 35 bullets, is very very frustrating playing alone against a no skills PPSH sprayer.

Agree on Scream's idea of !votebash, is quite easy to implement as many other zombie servers already did something similar, and it will improve the game when there's few players.

I hate those hard camp spots and I try to make my maps "hardcamp-free" as in Asylum, Slide or Metro, but depends on people's behavior after all, it's really hard to eliminate all camp spots on every map, and punishing players is not a good idea since is hard to determine who is hard-camping and who hold a good position but just for a few seconds, andany new players rely on camping a bit to get kills and promote.

Thanks for your feedback.
[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 4 users Like TRLGSS's post:
  • Cold, kIng, Njofra, YesAndy
Well, I would like to give my opinion about it.

As you know, call of duty 2 is an old game, it has many players in the past on all the servers, but nowadays, the peoples search for new online games etc...
Well, the Call of Duty 4 has many players more than CoD2, but soon it will be dead.

Anyway, don't forget we're on the way to the winter, that mean many players will return to play CoD2 again... you can expect +100 PPL.
But of course not on one server.

And yeah, about the points, take them into consideration.

Greetings,
Code:
sudo apt-get rekt
I have two more ideas:

8. Change maps to 15 minutes instead of 20 and make rounds always 5 minutes, not 6.

9. What do we think of spawnbashing? Could be seen as ruining the game, griefing, but on the other hand it's sometimes easy to escape the spawnkilling and bash those people since they're really close.

Also, what I've noticed is that PPSH and camping is only really annoying when the server has like 10 people or less. When the server is crowded with 15-20+ people it doesn't really matter.

@ scream,

I think the xp farming would be negligible. Also, what impact does it really have on the server?

There's often situations where there are no clanmembers to pull up votes.. I like your idea a lot, but I doubt it's enough. 

@ kIng,

People with more knowledge should comment on that ;d. I don't know.

@ TRLGSS,

But as zombie you can't do certain things hunters can.. So, you still can't explore all the secrets.

@ Nas,

Yea, I guess you have a point. With the server being full there aren't many issues Smile.
(09-15-2018, 12:09 AM)TRLGSS Wrote: Agree on allowing the first player play alone, but only as zomb, so no xp farm can be abused.
Actually, if you are an admin or a inf player, and you are alone in the server, you can !spec yourself and the game will start, only you alone, and as zombie only, I did that plenty times .

Agree on fixing and correcting those texts.

Maybe reducing Hunter knife kills to 100 helps newer players, as the server is not populated as before, balancing it this way is a good option to my eyes.

I agree on making PPSH 35 bullets, is very very frustrating playing alone against a no skills PPSH sprayer.

Agree on Scream's idea of !votebash, is quite easy to implement as many other zombie servers already did something similar, and it will improve the game when there's few players.

I hate those hard camp spots and I try to make my maps "hardcamp-free" as in Asylum, Slide or Metro, but depends on people's behavior after all, it's really hard to eliminate all camp spots on every map, and punishing players is not a good idea since is hard to determine who is hard-camping and who hold a good position but just for a few seconds, andany new players rely on camping a bit to get kills and promote.

Thanks for your feedback.

I agree with you.

[Image: PleasedEssentialHomalocephale-size_restricted.gif]
I have a few more

1. The Knockback perk is broken, it doesn't work against a lot of weapons, please fix it.

2. The spawn protection is way too long. Setting it to just one second should be more than enough

@php
[-] The following 3 users Like Wymiatacz's post:
  • Hazard, Njofra, YesAndy